Friday, October 17, 2008

Gabe's Triumphant Rescue!

Gabe was boogie boarding on Mackerricher Beach. Brayden and Mark Doughman were skimboarding. Suddenly, Brayden's shiny, new skimboard was swept into a riptide! Brayden screamed and burst into tears! (Just kidding Brayden). Gabe, upon seeing his nephew's dismay, dove into the waves and surfed out, searching frantically for the wayward skimboard. Fighting the tide and practically drowning in the waves, Gabe grabbed ahold of the slippery board, while barely managing to keep hold of his own boogie board. He swam and fought, fought and swam, finally emerging triumphant from the angry, jealous sea, Brayden's prize posession in hand!

1 comment:

Gabe said...

When I "emerged triumphant" I was really thinking, "How am I still alive?" and Brayden said, "That was AWESOME!" My face in the next pictures says, "Next time, I'll just buy him a new one." (It was my fault it was swept away to begin with.)